Monday, October 3, 2011

I'm Lucky


I believed that I was an unlucky person in the world, but I am not. The incident of 3rd October, 2010 proved me wrong.  I was on my way to Samtse on an official duty from Phuentsholing. The weather was pleasant and the sky clear. I drove with my wife and a friend. We were enjoying, stopping to take photo to be posted on Facebook and laughing most of the time.
We had the best lunch at Himalayan Resort. Back on the road we moved ahead. We finally reached Banarhat and had to slow down to inquire the direction towards Samtse. We were on the right road, on the right side but at the wrong time. To my surprise everything happened in slow motion, something like a scene in movies where bullet could be seen coming.
Bang… the truck in front of me moved away from the road and a person in white shirt went flying from the truck. Oh my god! A lorry coming from opposite direction was on the move and as he hit the truck in front of us, it changed direction and hit another truck that was parked on the left side of the road and pushed it in the drain. All I did was stop my car and moved the gear in reverse and was moved back but it was moving dead slow. By then the lorry was coming towards and nearing my car, I could not move fast… crack…cracking…I could hear the sounds and could also hear my wife saying Om…Mani… but everything was in slow motion.
Suddenly, I jumped on my seat, I still don’t know how. I asked my wife, “Are you fine?” She said, “Yes”. I immediately got out of the car from the back door as the front could not be opened and ran to catch the lorry diver, but could not as he was way ahead.
Everything happened in a fraction of second but it felt like an hour, I helped my wife and friend out of the car. With the grace of Buddha, we were all safe. Then I looked at the car and the damage caused, I could not believe that three of us didn’t even have a scratch.
Wow… I even pinched myself to confirm that I was still living. Looking at the accident and the damage, it was hard for everyone to believe as my car was crushed between two trucks. The steering wheel of the car had touched the seat and the front door was pushed inside, my leg could have been gone, if I had not jump on time.
Therefore, I considered myself very lucky to be safe after such a major accident. Now I know god is there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment